▷ Young Islamist from Kerpen should carry out a bomb attack in Cologne


01.02.2022 – 07:00

Cologne City Gazette

Cologne (ots)

A 17-year-old Islamist who was arrested in Hanover on Saturday on suspicion of terrorism is said to have planned an attack in Cologne on instructions. As the “Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger” reports, citing information from security circles, the German-Turkish man from Kerpen is said to have told his parents over the phone that he was being pressured to carry out a bomb attack. The Cologne police then set up an investigation group because the young person had been listed as a militant Islamist since 2020. The young person is said to have become increasingly radicalized via social networks. He is said to have made contact with extremists in the Hanover area.

With a ticket to Cologne in hand, the suspect was arrested on Saturday at the train station in Hanover. The Attorney General’s Office is investigating against the youth because of the preparation of a serious act of violence that endangers the state. So far, however, there has been no evidence of his guilt.

Link: www.ksta.de/39423838

Press contact:

Cologne City Gazette
Newsdesk
Phone: 0221 224 2080

Original content from: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger, transmitted by news aktuell


www.presseportal.de

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.