▷ Kraft Heinz Completes Acquisition of Majority Stake in Just Spices / The Deal …


19.01.2022 – 12:21

Kraft Heinz

PITTSBURGH & CHICAGO (ots)

Kraft Heinz announced today that it has completed the acquisition of an 85% stake in Germany-based Just Spices GmbH. The remaining 15% stake will remain with the three founders of Just Spices, who will continue to run the company and focus on further developing the business and international growth. The proposed acquisition was first announced on December 10, 2021.

Founded in 2014, Just Spices is an innovative start-up pioneering the high-growth flavor enhancement category with annual sales of approximately €60 million. Just Spices’ portfolio of more than 170 products includes spice mixes, salad dressings, easy-to-make “in-minute” mixes and organic products for various food occasions, from breakfast and light snacks to salads and baked goods, with a wide range of savouries , sweet, classic and exotic flavors. Just Spices’ growing business sells approximately 70% of its ready-made and one-step spice blends direct to consumers, with the remainder being sold through major grocery retailers both in-store and online in Germany, Spain, Austria and Switzerland.

“In 2021, we announced four acquisitions to further accelerate our growth agenda and achieve our goal of being the #1 taste company in the world,” said Rafael Oliveira, EVP & President, International Markets at Kraft Heinz. “These include the acquisition of a majority stake in Just Spices, our intention to acquire a majority stake in Brazilian food company Hemmer, our investment in BR Spices in Brazil and our acquisition of Assan Foods in Turkey. With Just Spices, we will have the scale and agility of Kraft Heinz to accelerate business in the fast-growing flavor enhancement market beyond the company’s current German base and recent market entries in Spain, Austria and Switzerland, and we see tremendous potential to further strengthen Kraft Heinz’s direct-to-consumer business and expand.”

“We are very excited about the expansion opportunities that come from combining the innovative strength and brand strength of Just Spices with the Kraft Heinz team and the scale and knowledge of international markets,” said Florian Falk, CEO of Just Spices and one of the three founders of the company.

ABOUT POWER HEINZ

We are driving change at The Kraft Heinz Company inspired by our goal “Let’s Make Life Delicious”. In everything we do, consumers are at the center. With net sales of approximately $26 billion in 2020, we are committed to continuing to grow our iconic and emerging food and beverage brands on a global scale. We’re leveraging our scale and agility to unleash the full power of Kraft Heinz across a portfolio of six consumer-facing product platforms. We are committed to sustainable, ethical impact and helping to feed the world in a healthy and responsible way. Find out more about our journey by www.kraftheinzcompany.com visit or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.

ABOUT JUST SPICES

Just Spices was founded in Düsseldorf in 2014 by Florian Falk, Ole Strohschnieder and Bela Seebach. The Company offers a variety of spice mixes and pure spices, quick-fix meal kits through its own e-retail offering, third-party online marketplaces and an increasing presence in traditional offline grocery retail. Just Spices inspires a growing consumer base to refine their own dishes and get creative in the kitchen. In 2018, the spice maker also launched the Just Spices IN MINUTES “fixed” meal kit category and in 2020 launched its salad dressing range online and in retail. With numerous “fix” meal preparations, the company sets new standards for the quick and easy preparation of modern dishes in everyday life. The company now inspires more than 1.6 million followers on its social media channels such as Instagram, TikTok and Facebook. Just Spices regularly gets millions of views for its videos on TikTok. With more than 150 employees, Just Spices delivers on its vision of getting more people to cook better, healthier meals. Above all, Just Spices stands for passion, high-quality products without additives. But the most important principle is to make delicious food even more delicious and to get as many people as possible to cook with joy and pride. Spice up your life at justspices.com, follow us @justspices on Instagram, TikTok and Twitter and like us on Facebook.

Press contact:

Aleksandar Musikic
Megacult marketing for the masses GmbH
Kurfürstendamm 216
10719 Berlin
Tel: +49 30-2089864-34
Email: [email protected]
www.megacult.de

Original content by: Kraft Heinz, transmitted by news aktuell


www.presseportal.de

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.