(SYDNEY, Jan 11, 2022 PRNewswire=Yonhap News) Sydney’s Cahill Expressway has been transformed into a global stage for ‘ELEVATE Sydney’, a free five-day outdoor entertainment and cultural event. ELEVATE Sydney was held from the 1st to the 5th of this month, and more than 180 acclaimed Australian artists participated from 8 am to 10 pm.
ELEVATE Sydney blends Australian artists and genres to create an event for everyone. The outdoor event consisted of a rich program of children’s entertainment, sports-themed variety shows, disco, youth, First Nations, and pop.
The event also showcased the largest drone show in the Southern Hemisphere.
Highlights of ELEVATE Sydney include:
– Australia’s first ELEVATE SkyShow uses Sydney Cove as a natural amphitheater, Sydney Cove Using 500 drones in the sky, they created a mesmerizing light show, forming elaborate patterns tailored to a unique soundscape. Through boomerangs, waratahs and a series of animations, the light show told a powerful story of Sydney’s past, present and hopes for 2022.
– Final Night performance featuring Tones And I and Tim Minchin
– ELEVATE Encore with ARIA Award-winning Australian artists Peking Duk and Lime Cordiale
– Contemporary Call to Country designed by Rhoda Roberts AO and performances by Aboriginal artists Electric Fields and Troy Cassar-Daley
– Kids entertainment including Wiggles, Bluey and Junkyard Beats
– Marcia Hines, Leo Sayer and a disco night with the Courtney Act
– ELEVATE Music featuring BVT, CXLOE, Hauskey, L-FRESH the LION and Ngaiire
– Emma McKeon, Australia’s most successful Olympic athleteEmma McKeon), Australia’s premier sporting cultural event, featuring live conversations with legendary sports and athletes, including
For more information on events and experiences in Sydney and New South Wales, visit visitnsw.com [ https://www.visitnsw.com/ ]or sydney.com [ https://www.visitnsw.com/ ]see #FeelNSW and #FeelNewSydney to share new summer moments.
* Download the ELEVATE Sydney content package with daily highlights videos and images: [ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3aywy88o98gt8vn/AADzL-HibsfXBTvxhEQbbu6ja?dl=0 ].
About ELEVATE Sydney
ELEVATE Sydney is a six-day entertainment and cultural event featuring live music and an impressive lineup of performers on Cahill Expressway in Sydney, NSW. ELEVATE Sydney, held for the first time on the 1st-6th of this month, is part of a NSW Government initiative to reaffirm Sydney’s position as a global event venue and live music and entertainment capital, while accelerating an economic recovery for visitors to NSW. was held ELEVATE Sydney is owned and managed by Destination NSW, the tourism and major events agency of the NSW Government.
About Tourism New South Wales
Tourism NSW is the main NSW government agency for the provincial tourism and major events industry, responsible for designing and implementing strategies to grow the provincial visitor economy. Particular focus is placed on promoting tourism and planning and developing major sporting and cultural events for the Sydney and New South Wales region. Tourism NSW is also a major investor in Business Events Sydney (BESydney) and aims to secure more international conventions, incentive travel rewards programs, corporate events and exhibitions.