▷ Kraft Heinz acquires majority stake in Just Spices / The takeover accelerates …


10.12.2021 – 12:05

Kraft Heinz

Pittsburgh & Chicago (ots)

Kraft Heinz announced today that the company has reached an agreement to acquire an 85 percent stake in the German company Just Spices. The remaining 15% of the shares are held by the three founders of Just Spices, who will continue to run the company and focus on driving the business and its international growth.

Just Spices was founded in 2014 and is an innovative start-up company that is leading the way in the fast-growing category of flavor enhancement. The portfolio of more than 170 products includes spice mixes, salad dressings and easy-to-prepare “in-minute” mixes for various meals, from breakfast and light snacks to salads and baked goods, with a wide range of savory, sweet, classic and exotic flavors . Just Spices’ fast growing Spice Revolution business sells approximately 70% of its ready-to-use and single-stage seasoning mixes direct to consumers. The rest of the sales are made through major grocery retailers – both in-store and online in Germany, Spain, Austria and Switzerland.

Just Spices’ data-driven product innovation successfully targets the needs of today’s Gen Y and Gen Z consumers, who have approximately 1.4 million followers on the company’s social media platforms. Thanks to his advanced analytical knowledge, Just Spices was able to identify early consumer trend signals, promote product innovations, understand customer sentiments and optimize customer approach.

“This is a great opportunity to further accelerate our international growth agenda by strengthening our ability to anticipate trends in consumer taste and preferences and increasing our pace of innovation,” said Rafael Oliveira, International Zone President, Kraft Heinz. “We will also use our size and agility to accelerate Just Spices’ business in the fast-growing flavor enhancement market beyond our current German location and recent market entries in Spain, Austria and Switzerland. In addition, we see enormous potential to to strengthen and improve our own direct sales business and market expansion. ”

“In recent years Just Spices has further strengthened its successful omnichannel approach and has some of the best direct-to-consumer analyzes in the food industry. We are very pleased about the expansion potential that results from the combination of innovative strength and brand strength of Just Spices with the Kraft Heinz team and the associated size results “, says Florian Falk, CEO of Just Spices and one of the three founders of the company.

The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions, including regulatory approval, and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2022.

ABOUT THE HEINZ COMPANY FORCE

We are driving change at Kraft Heinz, inspired by our goal “Let’s Make Life Delicious”. In everything we do, the consumer is at the heart of everything we do. With net sales of approximately $ 26 billion in 2020, we are committed to growing our iconic and emerging food and beverage brands on a global scale. We use our size and agility to unleash the full power of Kraft Heinz through a portfolio of six consumer-centric product platforms. We are committed to healthy and responsible nutrition. Find out more about our path by www.kraftheinzcompany.com visit or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.

ABOUT JUST SPICES

Just Spices was founded in 2014 by Florian Falk, Ole Strohschnieder and Bela Seebach in Düsseldorf. The company offers a wide variety of spice blends and spices, quick fix meal sets through its own e-retail offering, third-party online marketplaces, and an increasing presence in traditional offline grocery retailing. Just Spices inspires a growing consumer base to hone their own dishes and get creative in the kitchen. In 2018, the spice manufacturer also launched the Just Spices IN MINUTES “fixed” meal sets category and launched its range of salad dressings online and in retail stores in 2020. With numerous “fix” meal preparations, the company sets new standards for the quick and easy preparation of modern dishes in everyday life. With more than 150 employees, Just Spices is realizing its vision of getting more people to cook better, healthier meals. Above all, Just Spices stands for passion, high-quality products without additives. But the most important principle is to make delicious food even more delicious and to get as many people as possible to cook with joy and pride. Spice up your life at justspices.com, follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @justspices, and become a fan on Facebook.

Press contact:

Giulia Baric
Megacult marketing for the masses GmbH
Kurfürstendamm 216
10719 Berlin
Tel: +49 30-2089864-34
Email: [email protected]

Original content by: Kraft Heinz, transmitted by news aktuell


www.presseportal.de

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.