Saturday, November 27

▷ After the eviction announcement: Lower Saxony’s AfD country chief suspects intrigue


03.11.2021 – 01:00

New Osnabrück Newspaper

Osnabrück (ots)

After the eviction announcement: Lower Saxony’s AfD country chief suspects intrigue

Jens Kestner: “Obviously, things have been creatively prepared and distributed by competitors from my regional association” – the 49-year-old leaves his personal future in the regional association open

Osnabrück. After the decision of the AfD federal board to initiate party exclusion proceedings against the Lower Saxony state chairman Jens Kestner, the 49-year-old assumes an intrigue. The federal executive board was “purposefully supplied with false information”, which had twisted the facts. “There is no other way to explain the whole thing. Apparently, things have been creatively prepared and distributed by competitors from my regional association,” said Kestner in an interview with the “Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung” (NOZ).

The matter is that the Lower Saxony state executive expressed doubts about the validity of the previous list of candidates for the federal election to the state election control in February. In the original list, the supporters of the right-wing state chairman Kestner had drawn the short straw. More moderate forces, who dominated the original list, thought the formal errors had been staged and saw in the reorganization the ultimately unsuccessful attempt to reverse the balance of power.

With a view to the expulsion sought by the federal party, Kestner was emphatically relaxed. He is convinced that it will not come to that. “The attempt to draw up a legally secure list for the Bundestag election cannot be a reason for exclusion from the party,” said the head of the state party in an interview with the NOZ.

At the same time, Kestner emphasized that he wanted to continue working to pacify the divided regional association. “It is admittedly difficult and above all ambitious to work through the difficult history of the AfD in Lower Saxony within one term of office. I don’t know whether I will succeed in doing this by the end of my term in office in September next year. But I have many discussions with our district associations and see I’m on the right path, “said Kestner, who, however, left his own political future within the AfD of Lower Saxony open. When asked whether he would be available for re-election to the head of the state next year, Kestner replied: “I’m not yet thinking about this fact.”

Press contact:

New Osnabrück Newspaper
editorial staff

Phone: +49(0)541/310 207

Original content from: Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung, transmitted by news aktuell


www.presseportal.de

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *