Status: 10/28/2021 10:54 a.m.
“Waste product” or “pest of the people”: In the right-wing extremist “NSU 2.0” letters politicians, artists and private individuals were massively insulted and threatened. Now a 53-year-old is supposed to be in court for this.
Several right-wing extremist threatening letters signed “NSU 2.0” had caused a stir in recent years. Now the public prosecutor’s office in Frankfurt am Main has issued indictments against a 53-year-old suspect. The man who last lived in Berlin is accused of insulting, threatening, inciting hatred and spreading signs of unconstitutional organizations, the public prosecutor said. The criminal chamber of the Frankfurt Regional Court is responsible. The indictment is 120 pages long.
Between the beginning of August 2018 and the end of March 2021, the accused is said to have sent a total of 116 threatening letters to members of the Bundestag, members of the Hessian state parliament, a Frankfurt lawyer as well as artists and human rights activists – by fax, email or SMS. The threatening letters, which were often written in the form of an official letter or in the form of a court ruling, he regularly signed with “Heil Hitler”, and he called himself “SS-Obersturmbannführer”.
Obviously getting private data through lies
The letters contained massive verbal insults such as “waste product”, “pest” or drastic swear words against people with Turkish roots. The threats were directed both at the addressees themselves and at their family members. In order to reinforce its threat, the accused is said to have given personal and in some cases not freely accessible data of the persons concerned in many cases.
“According to the result of the investigation, the public prosecutor’s office assumes that he has obtained it using a legend by pretending to be an employee of an authority,” said the public prosecutor’s office. The suspicion that police officers could have been involved in the data retrieval has not been confirmed, according to the prosecutor.
Accused denies the allegations
The 53-year-old was arrested on May 3 in his Berlin apartment. He therefore denies the allegations. The suspect had already been convicted in the past for numerous – including right-wing motivated – criminal offenses, the authorities had announced at the time of arrest.