25.10.2021 – 06:00
Milton Keynes, England (ots/PRNewswire)
Papa John’s relies on the “scary factor” worldwide on Halloween and offers more AR tricks
According to the Halloween motto “Trick or Treat”, Papa John’s offers its customers new AR tricks: The successful Jack campaign with the iconic pizza in the form of a Jack O’Lantern and some parodies of horror films * from the eighties is being reissued.
A new AR Instagram filter, which is being used for the first time worldwide at Papa John’s and activated via specially designed brochures on the pizza box, brings the brand’s Halloween character, Jack, who “possesses” the pizza, to life .
Jack was first let out of Papa John’s pizza boxes last year as part of the release of the hit ’80s horror short film. This time around, customers can attack Jack with pots of garlic sauce for the first time when he appears on the AR.
The new AR is just one of the elements with which this year’s campaign is fully immersed in the Halloween “Trick or Treat” fun:
- The thriller actor’s bloodcurdling laugh and late horror legend Vincent Price made another posthumous appearance in the remake of the Jack movie
- An interactive Instagram face filter turns customers into Jack when they open their mouths to take a bite, and they become obsessed with the pumpkin-shaped pizza ghost
- SKYCORP’s YouTube horror film specialists from LA created a short film with CGI and special effects, the here can be seen on YouTube.
- Batman Games Legend, Sean Schemmel, speaks the voice of the obsessed pizza character Jack
- British artist Zedo has a rap music track and video on the topic of Jack with humorous texts as additional content
- Influences from the films of John Carpenter and The Evil Dead were used as inspiration for the Jack film series
- A Jack O’Lantern shaped pizza, special garlic sauce for dipping and themed filled “Trick or Treat” breadsticks are also being introduced in selected markets and are guaranteed to make the cobwebs disappear.
Lawrence Felice, Director, International Marketing EMENA at Papa John’s International commented: “Hopefully Halloween will happen again this year for many, now that we are seeing some easing of the restrictions. So we want our themed menu goodies and AR tricks with us make our Jack campaign a very special occasion for customers again this year. “
Daughter Victoria Price speaks of her father’s legacy: “Our family has always had a strong connection with the food industry, so I know my father would have been immensely proud of sharing his love of food and horror with the Papa John’s Jack campaign continue today. “
The new Jack-Pizza-Package contains the Jack O’Lantern-Pizza and delicious Trick or Treat breadsticks as well as an additional surprise and can be ordered via PapaJohns.com or the Papa John’s app.
Notes to the editors:
For more information on the Jack campaign, or other inquiries about the products on Papa John’s menu, please visit PapaJohns.com
* The brochures are only included with pizza boxes from Papa John’s Halloween menu
Information on Papa John’s
Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) opened its doors in 1984 with one goal in mind: BETTER INGREDIENTS. BETTER PIZZA. Papa John’s believes that using high quality ingredients results in high quality pizzas. Its original batter is made from just six ingredients and is fresh, never frozen. Papa John’s topping his pizzas with real mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce made from ripe tomatoes that come from the vine to the can on the same day, and meat that is filler-free. Papa John’s was the first national pizza delivery chain in the United States to announce the removal of artificial flavors and synthetic colors from their entire diet. Papa John’s is headquartered in Louisville, Ky. and is the third largest pizza delivery company in the world as of September 27, 2020 with more than 5,360 restaurants in 48 countries and territories. For more information about the company or to order pizza online, visit Papa John’s under www.PapaJohns.com or download the Papa John’s mobile app for iOS or Android.
Original content by: Papa John’s, transmitted by news aktuell