22.10.2021 – 02:23
Dubai, Vae (ots/PRNewswire)
At the Ultra Broadband Forum (UBBF) 2021, Hank Chen, President of the Router Division of Huawei’s data communications product line, delivered a keynote address during the Intelligent Cloud Networking session entitled “Build Intelligent Cloud-Network, Enabling All-Service Growth” . He emphasized that Huawei’s intelligent cloud network solution could help operators build future-oriented target networks, adapt to diversified service changes, unlock the potential of traditional services, take advantage of new B2B opportunities and ultimately enable all-service growth.
Consumer and vertical industry services are becoming more diverse. For individuals, the user experience is constantly improving, with short videos, social apps, live streaming, and AR / VR becoming increasingly popular. For households, they are evolving from places of entertainment to places of work and education, with the volume of traffic and the number of subscribers steadily increasing. For companies, more and more services are being relocated to the cloud at a rapid pace. All of these diversified services offer operators tremendous opportunities – B2C and B2H services are the cornerstones of an operator’s stable revenue, and B2B service is the largest and most important option.
Operators are mainly faced with two waves of service development challenges: The first wave is the shift in consumer services from connection-based to experience-based services. This involves three specific challenges. First, due to a lack of space, the multi-service aggregation point – the headquarters – becomes a bottleneck as the downward movement of DCs towards the edge gains popularity. Second, the traffic and its direction are becoming more and more insecure, but the networks lack an intelligent planning function, which leads to low network utilization. After all, traditional IP networks operate in sharing and best effort forwarding modes, which make it difficult to ensure ease of use once congestion occurs. The second wave is that more companies need multi-cloud connectivity for their digital services. However, network and cloud functions do not go well together. Challenges such as the slow delivery of network services and a lack of security at the tenant level exist.
To meet these challenges and drive all-service growth, Chen believes that a future-oriented IP target network must have the following four characteristics:
- First: All services in one network. This network must be able to carry all B2C, B2H and B2B services.
- Secondly: Programmability of the network. This network must be able to flexibly plan route paths between clouds and networks on the basis of SRv6 in order to optimize network utilization.
- Third: Deterministic experience. This network must be able to guarantee bandwidth and latency times at the client level and replace conventional best effort forwarding.
- And finally the agile cloud connection. This network must support a flexible multi-cloud connection for the rapid provision of services.
Huawei’s intelligent cloud network solution was specially developed for operators to build such a future-oriented IP target network. This solution offers five key features that enable operators to achieve all-service growth.
- All-service super-edge CO that enables an all-service warehouse. Huawei’s compact Super Edge CO can carry various services, which significantly reduces the total cost of ownership and improves the service experience. Huawei’s Super Edge CO router has an all-in-one design. It integrates the BRAS, CGN, IPsec and Service Router (SR) functions in one box-shaped device, saving 60% space and reducing power consumption by 70%.
- SRv6-based network programmability for flexible cloud network planning: The Intelligent Cloud-Network Solution from Huawei supports the flexible programming of network paths and the orchestration of services as well as the needs-based planning of the data traffic and thus optimizes the utilization of the entire network. SRv6-based service chaining enables flexible orchestration and subscription to value-added services as required. Currently, SRv6 is widely used commercially.
- Elastic slicing for a differentiated service guarantee: Innovative technologies are used to make slices operational, productive and monetizable, thereby helping operators to increase their revenues and optimize the return on investment. According to Chen, Huawei has introduced the following innovations in slicing: The NetEngine A800 series devices offer slicing at the tenant level, so that one line can be used for multiple purposes. Hierarchical slicing extends the original one-dimensional slicing to two dimensions, which enables a fine-grained service guarantee and doubles the monetization possibilities. Elastic Slicing enables lossless dynamic capacity expansion and adjustment as needed without compromising services or wasting resources.
- One-hop connection to multiple clouds for flexible multi-cloud connection and planning: The multi-cloud backbone network can pre-connect the resources of several cloud providers. Companies only need to negotiate the services with a single operator. Services can be quickly migrated to the cloud and flexibly scheduled based on SRv6, and service paths can be flexibly selected based on latency and bandwidth to ensure the service experience. Huawei’s unique intelligent cloud map algorithm enables operators to plan multi-cloud resources intelligently and evenly, improving the utilization of cloud resources by 30%.
- Network as a Service (NaaS) for an e-commerce-like service experience: The architecture of the cloud network integration offers an e-commerce-like service experience. This comprises three stages: In the pre-sale phase for service subscriptions, functions for the optimal positioning of the cloud access and the latency-based path selection are provided. In the sales phase, the services can be provided quickly with a visualized network-wide status. In the after-sales phase, self-services are offered at the client level, which enable operators to query the SLAs for private lines at any time and anywhere. In addition, Huawei is simplifying the number of northbound interfaces from 1000 to 100 and reducing integration time by 90% through modular interfaces. Services can be provided in minutes, bandwidth can be adjusted as needed, and orders, SLAs and errors can be visualized in multiple dimensions.
To date, the key functions of the Intelligent Cloud-Network Solution have been implemented in more than 100 networks around the world, both at operators and in vertical industries such as Smart Healthcare, Smart Education, Smart Government and Smart Manufacturing. Huawei will continue to work with operators and partners to accelerate the innovation and adoption of the intelligent cloud network solution and promote the development of IP networks.
Chen is convinced that the intelligent cloud network solution is the basis for the DICT transformation and can help operators achieve all-service growth. For B2C services, it will support the development of ultra-broadband, automated and intelligent networks and promote long-term development. For B2H services, it will accelerate the monetization of the network and increase the ARPU through guaranteed experience and refined operations. For B2B services, it will provide differentiated cloud network functions that help operators drive the development of digitization.
“IP On Everything will be the future,” said Chen. “IP connectivity will continue to expand, continuously providing intelligence and computing power to every person, every home and every industry to create a fully connected, intelligent world.”
Original content by: Huawei, transmitted by news aktuell